30 to 60 mm
Description of the application
The keel of a bottom door from Injector. It also shows the trawl door shoes with 50 mm HARDOX 600 as wear part, welded with austenitic consumable and bolted to the doors keel.
Cutting method: gas cutting
The trawl door shoes are usually made of Mn steel or AR steel. The service life and wear rate depend very much on the type of soil.
With the right design, Hardox 500/550/600 is the best and most economical solution. Traditionally, Mn steel has been widely used, but is increasingly being replaced by Hardox.
Hardox 500 has a 40% longer life compared to 12% -Mn steel.
Hardox 600 has a 60% longer life compared to 12% -Mn steel.
Benefits of using WELDOX & HARDOX combined with a new design
- Increased spreading of the trawl
- Improved stability (low point of gravity)
- Less towing resistance…
- Save fuel (environment)
- Increased towing speed: a life cycle analysis of a frozen cod block shows that by far the most serious environmental loading takes places during fishing itself *
- Larger trawl
- Smaller engines
- Lighter: an empirical study has shown that 100 kg saved on board enable the fisherman to take 1000 kg more fish
- Easier to handle on deck
- Very fast to obtain full spreading force and very good at holding the spread when making tight turns
- Stronger! Elastic instead of plastic deformation